Around Lost Garden (Map/地图)
A free map with useful info for travellers staying at Lost Garden is available at the guesthouse.
Here’s some info to help you prepare your trip about what you can find around Lost Garden
For directions to and from the guesthouse, check our location page.
Click on the map picture to get a bigger map:
– Laofangzi 老房子: Yunnan restaurant in an old courtyard in the bird and flower market. we recommend it!
– Sujixiang Vegetarian Restaurant 素吉祥: buffet for 20 yuan/pers: 11:30-13:30, 17:30-20:00, near Green Lake
– Dai restaurant 盈江傣味园: cuisine from the Dai ethnic minority across from the green lake. near
– Jiwei 吉味菜馆: Interesting local dishes in a nice simple restaurant, no english though. See map near Xiaoximen
– Tai Lai 泰莱: Thai food in a small chinese-owned restaurant nearby. Near
– Salvador’s 萨尔瓦多咖啡馆: ice creams, fresh juices and western dishes. famous happy hours
– Brothers Jiang 桥香园: famous chain of restaurants serving Across the Bridge Rice Noodles. near Xiaoximen
– Humdinger 玩啤：Brewpub+western food (pizza, salads, bbq, craft beer) open from 5:30pm, live music every night from 9:40pm. 7 minutes walk away, near 5 on the map. Our guests get a 10% discount.
– Street Food: 园西路 Yuanxi Lu by the Yunnan University. Your best chance to find traditional night BBQ stalls.
– O’Reilly 爱尔兰酒吧: 1 of the 3 Irish pub in the city, fully imported authentic interior, Zoo west entrance
– The Turtle 醉龜: western style bar with live music and DJs. Add: 建设路协信天地1楼11号商铺
check GoKunming.com for events and live music, especially on weekends
– Green Lake Park 翠湖公园: 2min walk. Free. Seagulls from October to March. Lots of music and dancing
– Bird and Flower Market 花鸟市场: old streets and souvenir market all day and evening 15min walk
– Yuantong Temple 圆通寺: 6¥, closes at 4:30pm 15min walk. Buddhist temple of more than 1,200 years
– Dynamic Yunnan 云南印象-艺术剧院: dance/music show every night at the Art Theater~15min walk. Book with us and get a 20¥ discount. 8 to 9:30pm Tickets 180-260-360¥
– Wenlin Jie/Wenhua Xiang 文林街/文化巷 and Yunnan University Campus 云大: lots of cafe and restaurants; night street market, nice campus. bookstore with English books. imported food shops.
– Golden Horse & Jade Rooster 金马碧鸡 (Jinma Biji): ~20 min walkpedestrian and shopping area.
– Railway Museum 云南铁路博物馆: entrance 10¥, ~35min walk. Taxi ~10¥, Bus #61 to Huoche Beizhan (火车北站)
– Tea Market 云南茶叶批发市场: Bus #61 to Jinxing 金星, ~40min. Taxi ~14¥.
– Stone Forest 石林: at least 1h30min direct drive. public transport: Metro 3 to East Bus Station (40min) then frequent buses to stone forest 1h15. 200¥ entrance fee. Private driver for 600¥ (ask reception, sharing possible)
– Jiuxiang Caves 九乡风景区: ~55min north of Stone Forest. 120¥ entrance. Known for its caves, hills, rivers.
– Western Hills 西山: at least ~40 min drive. Metro 3 to Xishan Park. Another access from across the lake by cable car (next to the minority village and its museum)
– Bamboo Temple 笻竹寺: Taxi ~40¥ or Bus 2 from Wuyi stop to Huangtupo (黄土坡) then C61 ~1h away.
– Yunnan Nationalities Village 云南民族村: Taxi ~35¥. Bus A1 from Jinma Biji ~1h away. ~90¥ tickets
– Yunnan Nationalities Museum 云南民族博物馆: Recommended museum. Contemporary folk culture and art (near the Western Hills), next to the “village”. Closed on Mondays
– Haigeng Park 海埂公园: good views of the Dianchi Lake and Western Hills, also next to the village.
– Golden Temple 金殿: Taxi ~25¥ or bus 235 from Green Lake stop, or #10/Art Theater. ~50min away. ticket 30¥
– World Horticultural Expo Garden 世界园艺博览园: next to Golden Temple. hosted the World Horticultural Exposition in 1999
– Botanical Garden 昆明植物园: Taxi ~32¥. ~45min away.
– New Yunnan Provincial Museum 云南省博物馆新馆: Taxi ~34¥. 广福路6393号. 9am-5pm except Mondays
– Guandu “Old Town” 官渡古镇: Metro 3 then Metro 2. Taxi 37¥ ~50min away. Next to Yunnan Provincial Museum.
– Anning Hot Spring 安宁温泉: Bus #18 from Xiaoximen bus station, every hour from 8am to 6pm, 8¥, ~1h drive. Japanese style spa recommended for ~168¥/pers: 金方森林温泉
– Fuxian Lake 抚仙湖: clear water lake with beaches. Ask for a private driver. ~1h30 drive south-east of Kunming.
Also check GoKunming.com for travel articles.